Product ID: 26789
Stunningly achieve a perfect blend of style and security with this aluminium garden side gate.
The flat top and horizontal solid infill offer a modern aesthetic, enhancing your outdoor space. Crafted for durability, strength, and lightweight convenience, it’s available in a sophisticated Grey or classic Black finish.
- Full privacy for your space.
- Choice of elegant Grey or classic Black finish.
- Robust yet lightweight construction.
- Versatile mounting options: attach to posts or walls.
- Easy maintenance with simple soapy water and rinsing.
- Resistant to changing weather conditions.
- Suitable for saline environments, no special surface treatment required.
- Backed by a five-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
- 1 x Pedestrian Gate.
- 2 x Wall-mounted hinges.
- 1 x Floor-mounted hinge.
- 1 x Lock.
- 1 x Full-length lock keep.
Choose from a range of standard sizes, or opt for our custom width reduction service if you need a specific fit. Find out more about custom sizes in our “How to Choose the Right Gate Size” Guide.
Enhance your outdoor space with this premium aluminium pedestrian gate that blends functionality with aesthetics. Order yours today!
How to Choose the Right Gate Size: *
Step 1: Decide How You Want to Hang the Gate
Consider the different hanging options:
- Wall-to-Wall Mounting (No Posts) - Ideal if you have two existing walls to mount between.
- Wall-Mounted Posts with Gate Suspension - Use 2.0m height & 50mm wide posts for 1.6m & 1.8m gates. Use 2.4m height & 50mm wide posts for 2.0m & 2.2m gates. Attach posts to walls and hang gate between them.
- Single Wall Mount with Post and Latch - Bolt one post to a wall and secure the gate to it. Install a latch on the opposite side. Use 2.0m height & 50mm wide posts for 1.6m & 1.8m gates. Use 2.4m height & 50mm wide posts for 2.0m & 2.2m gates.
- Reverse Configuration - Same as above but with post and latch locations reversed.
- Bolt Down with Posts - Suitable for concrete surfaces. Cut posts to needed height.
- Concrete In with Posts - Use 2.4m posts for 1.6m & 1.8m gates. Use 3.0m posts for 2.0m & 2.2m gates.
Step 2: Measure the Opening Width
Use a tape measure to determine the exact width of the opening you want to fill with the gate.
Step 3: Account for Hinges and Posts
- Allow an extra 30mm total width (15mm on each side) to accommodate the hinges.
- If using 2 x 50mm wide posts, allocate 20mm of the opening width for the hinges.
- If using posts, consider the specific width of the posts you will use, and deduct this from the measured opening width. 50mm wide posts are recommended if installing next to brick, but other widths can be used.
- If not using posts, no deduction is needed.
Step 4: Check Standard Gate Size Options
Look at the available standard gate size options to see if there is a size that fits the opening width exactly. If there is, you do not need to order a custom size gate.
Step 5: Calculate Custom Gate Size (If Needed)
If none of the standard sizes fit perfectly, calculate a custom size:
- Take the measured opening width from Step 2.
- Allow 30mm for hinges (15mm per side).
- Allow 20mm space if using 2 x 50mm posts specifically.
- Deduct post width if posts will be used.
- Round the Custom calculated width up to the next available gate size.
Note: Please refer to the supplier’s installation help guide PDF for additional information and diagrams on how to measure for a custom gate size. This guide is also available in PDF format in the product description page.
Step 6: Select Gate Size
- If a standard size fits, choose that.
- If you need a custom size, choose the next size up from the width you calculated.
After choosing the custom size, specify the size in millimetres in the “Special delivery, access, or unloading requirements” box during checkout. If you forget this step, call our support team for assistance at 01279 933019 (Mon-Fri, 09:00 - 16:45, excluding bank holidays).
- If posts are required, deduct each post’s width from your overall gap calculation.
- If you purchase 2 x 50mm posts for installation, allocate 20mm of space for the hinges. If you opt for only 1 x 50mm post, the standard allowance for hinges remains at 30mm.
- Remember to consider your installation method when choosing the post height.