Terms and conditions for the installation service
These terms and conditions apply to our installation services. In addition, our general terms and conditions of business will apply to these services.
Our fitting teams are fully insured and experienced professionals. By using them you will help to ensure that your barrier post or bollard is correctly installed so that it performs as it should do. Our professional teams will also assist with the reinstatement of the surface after installation.
One of our teams will call you within 2 working days of receiving your order to arrange a date for installation of the product. They will endeavour to arrange this within 10 working days of the expected receipt of the product, depending on current workload. However, this timescale is not always possible.
Please note that installations are normally carried out on Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. If installation is required outside these hours and we can accommodate it, then there may be a small additional surcharge.
What you need to do
- Free and unobstructed access must be provided during the period of installation. Any additional time taken owing to any infringement of this condition may be chargeable by J9 Limited T/as Barriers Direct at hour work rates during normal working hours or the relevant premium rate, outside these hours.
- Please ensure that the installation team have suitable space to park their vehicle.
(Normal hour work rate = £30 per hour ex VAT 8.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday Outside these Hours Monday to Friday Premium Rate = £45.00 per hour ex VAT Saturdays = £45.00 per Hour ex VAT Sundays and Bank Holidays = £60.00 per hour ex VAT)
- The product will be sent to you under separate cover. The installer will not bring the goods to site. You must therefore safely store the goods until the installation team arrives. This is your responsibility.
- If you have not received the product 2 working days before the arranged installation date, you must immediately contact the installation team by email on the installation team’s email as set out on your invoice or on the telephone number given to you on arrangement of the installation appointment. If you do not contact the team and the installation team arrive with no product on site, you will be charged 25% of the installation charge.
- You must check to confirm that you have the authority and any permissions if needed to allow installation to take place.
- If you are aware of any reason that the site you have chosen for installation may not be suitable, please inform the installation team as soon as you become aware by emailing by email on the installation team’s email as set out on your invoice quoting your order number.
- It is essential that you are available when the installation team arrive and when they have finished installation to ensure that the product is installed in the correct location and to your satisfaction. The installation team will ask you to sign a [customer satisfaction form]. Any problems with installation should be noted at this point. If you do not do so and the team is subsequently called to resolve such problems, you will be charged a call out fee.
- You must ensure that the installation team is able to install the products without harrassment or intimidation from any persons who may object to the installation of the barriers or other products (whether or not the permission of such persons is required to install the products). In the event of such intimidation or harrassment occurring, the installation team may not be able to carry out the installation and you will still be charged.
What happens on the day of installation
On the day of fitting the teams will arrive with all the tools required for installation, including generator and water supply. They will also take away waste materials.
On the day the site will be surveyed by the installation team using a cable avoidance tool, which helps to detect and avoid any underground services.
In the rare event that the site survey establishes that the intended site is unsuitable and /or has not been properly prepared for the installation, and an alternative part of the site cannot be used or agreed on, then a refund of the original Installation fee minus an attendance fee of £60.00 plus VAT will be arranged. This fee will also apply in the event that cases where the site is innaccesible.
If the product is a stock item, then it can be returned under our normal terms and conditions of business. You should remember that made/built to order goods cannot be returned. Therefore, in the case of goods made to order, it is particularly important that you are confident that the site you have chosen is suitable for the product. Our installation team will of course ask relevant questions when they call to arrange the appointment to help avoid any issues on the day.