Barriersdirect.co.uk ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is J9 Limited t/a Barriers Direct (company number: 03452292) whose registered office is at Ashgrove, Cobbs Fenn, Sible Hedingham, Halstead, Essex, CO9 3RX.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information or material that you provide or input on our site www.barriersdirect.co.uk (“the Website”) when you register with us or place an order for our products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or when you voluntarily complete our customer satisfaction surveys that we use for research purposes, provide feedback or participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
- If you contact us via telephone, electronically or in writing, we may keep a record of any such communication.
- We will also keep record of details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the Website to personalise your repeat visits to our Website.
We use information held about you in the following ways:-
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, electronically (e-mail) or via telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means, post or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or where you have consented. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means, post or telephone if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us by e-mail or in writing (please see ‘How to contact us’ below for details).
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please e-mail or write to us (please see ‘How to contact us’ below) We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
IP Address and cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer hard drive to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our Website and to compile statistical reports on Website activity. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. The encryption process converts the characters that you enter into code that is then securely transmitted over the Internet. When you place an order, a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser indicating that any information provided cannot be viewed by a third party. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If J9 Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How to contact us
By e-mail: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Ashgrove, Cobbs Fenn, Sible Hedingham, Essex CO9 3RX